School Pollinator Patch Kit
- x1 Giant Pollinator Tower - FSC sustainably-sourced timber
- x3 Solitary Bee Houses - FSC sustainably-sourced timber
- x1 Bag of Irish Wildflower Seed Mix for Schools
- 'Top 20 School Garden Flowers' - Wall Display Cards (sent as digital file)
- 'Flower Bingo' - Classroom Pack (sent as digital file)
- 'Match the Flower to the Name' - Worksheets (sent as digital file)
- Name that Flower' - Worksheets (sent as digital file)
- Simple Instruction sheet (sent as digital file)
Pollinators across Ireland are having a really, really hard time. This kit is designed to be the ultimate pollinator-boost for the school grounds to help our bees, butterflies and wildflowers. It contains everything you need to start a small pollinator patch!
The main feature of the resource is a Giant Pollinator Tower (over 2ft long!) that provides homes and shelter for pollinators such as solitary bees and butterflies as well as other compartments for beneficial insects such as lacewings and ladybirds.
There are three Solitary Bee Homes included in the kit that provide additional homes for these often overlooked pollinators.
The kit also includes everything you need to create a beautiful wildflower patch at the school. Our School Wildflower Seed Pack is a special mix of Irish wildflower seed designed to help pollinators (200g seed for full coverage of 40 to 70 sq m).
Also included are a range of printable resources for the classroom to help your students get to know their local flowers including games, worksheets and identification posters (these will be emailed to you for printing on the school printer or use on the interactive board). These are custom made by us at 'Biodiversity in Schools' to feature Irish wildlife and suit schools in Ireland.
This is the complete pack to help pollinators at your school!